Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

how many results can Lime survey handle realistically

• casfan
  • casfan's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #100886 by casfan
Just wondered if anyone knows how many responces LimeSurvey can handle.

We want to run a survey for 140,000 people. Its not a long survey 2 pages at most.
But how many responses can the software handle ?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 5 months ago #100887 by holch
Well, this is a complex question, because it has a lot of different views on it.

So you say that the survey isn't very long, 2 pages. However, the question is how many questions will you have per page? This can make a huge difference. However, assuming that the survey isn't very long, we can rule the problem of the column limitation of the database out.

The row limitation should not be a problem. 140.000 responses should be covered easy.

Now let's come to the server limitations: with 140.000 respondents you need to make sure that they are not going to respond at the same time. How will you be inviting them?

You might want to read this: www.limesurvey.org/en/community-services...server-configuration

So it seams that others have run surveys with 20.000 responses a day, which seems pretty heavy to me.

All in all, you will need to make sure that your server is well prepared for a huge number of concurrent respondents.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
10 years 3 months ago #102379 by FuzzyGman
Your given link is dead or not found in search...

Please advise...
  • tpartner
More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #102391 by tpartner
Code:
http://www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/Installation-a-update-issues/79299-resources-needed-for-biggger-surveys-memory-and-server-configuration

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by tpartner.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose