Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Put a picture or pdf in a multiple choice question?

Put a picture or pdf in a multiple choice question? 10 months 3 weeks ago #100519

• Serafim
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello everyone,

I want to do a sort of multiple choice question with a picture or .pdf. The tokens will see the picture or pdf and choose one. How can I do that?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Put a picture or pdf in a multiple choice question? 10 months 3 weeks ago #100524

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 766
You can insert the images in the sub-questions.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serafim

Put a picture or pdf in a multiple choice question? 10 months 3 weeks ago #100528

• Serafim
  • Expert Lime
Ah, that's a good idea, thanks. And is it possible to insert a pdf file?

Put a picture or pdf in a multiple choice question? 10 months 3 weeks ago #100530

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Not directly. You can put in links to PDF files but they would have to be opened by the browser in a new window (target="_blank") or a PDF reader.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Put a picture or pdf in a multiple choice question? 10 months 3 weeks ago #100545

• Serafim
  • Expert Lime
I've founs something that works just fine, iframes:

<iframe height="633" src="/limesurvey/upload/surveys/(survey number)/images/you pdf file.pdf" width="701"></iframe>

I upload the pdf file to the survey as a picture and then just insert this code.

Put a picture or pdf in a multiple choice question? 10 months 3 weeks ago #100554

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Yeah, but be aware that not all browsers have a plug-in/add-on to display PDF files. In those cases the respondents will be asked if they want to save or open the file. If they say "open", it will be opened in their PDF reader, not in the iframe.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Donation Image