Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sending survey invitation letters with replaceable custom tokens

Sending survey invitation letters with replaceable custom tokens 10 months 2 days ago #100025

• JEfromCanada
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 3
I am new to LimeSurvey 2.0+ and need to know if something is possible. I want to create an invitation template for an "event" style followup survey. I want the survey invitation letter to use replaceable tokens so I can substitute them into the invitation email.

The types of tokens I'm referring to would be:

Event Name, Event Date, Event Venue, etc.

So, what are my options?

Are there "global" variables other than invitee's name and email address, or is it required that I define these token fields inside the survey, and then refer to them within the invitation email (catch 22 - how do you substitute ANSWER fields into a survey INVITATION that has yet to be completed)?

Thanks for any assistance or guidance.
Last Edit: 10 months 2 days ago by JEfromCanada. Reason: Correct spelling mistake
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sending survey invitation letters with replaceable custom tokens 10 months 2 days ago #100027

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 742
Do you need these values to be in the token table or simply recorded in the data?

If the latter, you can prefill survey answers using the survey URL - manual.limesurvey.org/Workarounds:_Surve...using_the_survey_URL
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Sending survey invitation letters with replaceable custom tokens 10 months 2 days ago #100042

• JEfromCanada
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 3
I don't need them in the token table, nor stored in the data...

You know how, when you're creating/editing the invitation letter, there are certain fields that can be inserted into the template (fields like firstname, lastname, email address, surveyurl, etc.). I need to be able to create some user-defined substitutable values which would be created in, and fetched from the survey's base table (not the question group or individual question tables).

I realize this is a difficult issue, because the survey's base table is used by ALL surveys, which might not need the same user-customizable variables.

The more I talk, the more this sounds like a new feature request. Perhaps I'll start another thread there, or give some thought to how I might be able to modify the existing product to fit my needs.

A bit off topic... in an earlier version of LimeSurvey, I provided code to create SHORTSURVEYURL's and modified my version of LimeSurvey to support that functionality. It was submitted through the proper channels, but I now notice it is not part of LimeSurvey 2.0+. I guess that capability was not deemed worthy of inclusion in the base product.

Oh well, more work to do...
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
Donation Image