Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: please help with assessment saving to db, i tried all possible ways!

please help with assessment saving to db, i tried all possible ways! 1 year 1 week ago #99660

• itsme
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi guys

I'm trying to make an array assessment results being saved to database (normal array) of 2 questions, one is calculating the columns as 0,1,2,3 and one is calculating differently as 4,5,6,7

lime survey version 1.92+
using group by group

in this group, i put only these 2 array questions and added another question with "always hide this question" then added the java script mentioned here:
www.limesurvey.org/de/forum/can-i-do-thi...tabase?lang=en#73833

without results

also tried using the Expression Manager and crated new question as equation type and in question text:

sum(ct_g2_q01.NAOK,ctspq_g2_q02.NAOK)
also tried
sum(ct_g2_q01.value.NAOK,ct_g2_q02.value.NAOK)
also tried
sum(ct_g2_q01.value,ct_g2_q02.value)

no use at all, the numeric field (for java) and the equation field (for equation) is always kept empty, no use what i try

i have been reading the Expression Manager thing over and over even i got depressed but nothing worked for me, please guys help me save this array assessment results to database

by the way, in assessment range values in the end page is working fine, gives me the results
also if i place holder in the end page in template, it gives it ok,,, but i am not able to save it along with the database

is there anyway to save the results of the range of assessment as well to database? i mean, i've put in the assessment page that if score is 1-6 then inform participant that he is fine, if 7-10 he is abnormal, it is showing ok in the end page, but can i save this value to database also???

please help guys, appreciated any hint or lead to what i can do

Mike
The administrator has disabled public write access.

please help with assessment saving to db, i tried all possible ways! 1 year 1 week ago #99661

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
Thinks you should attach a surveyfile of your two,three questions here to get the whole picture.

E.g.: Is the QCode correct?
manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Qcode_Variable_Naming

Perhaps you have found a bug with your Limesurvey installation.
Try your stripped down surveyfile on the demo installation here to check that too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: itsme

please help with assessment saving to db, i tried all possible ways! 1 year 1 week ago #99668

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 817
Hi,

Don't use Text question type/hide attribute.
Use directly a equation question type : it made for this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: itsme

please help with assessment saving to db, i tried all possible ways! 1 year 1 week ago #99680

• itsme
  • Senior Lime
hello again and thanks for the quick reply

actually i couldn't understand this Qcode thing, it is too complicated and don't know which of the arrays is flixable or not, there not examples for the array with assessemnt like the one i am working on... so i have tried all what is written one by one, no use :ohmy:

the survey is here, i've kept the group of 2 questions and 1 question for calcuation (equpation)

stardvb.com/vpn/limesurvey_survey_75233.lss

the first 2 questions are array, and i've made them in 2 questions (although the headers are the same) in order to assess them differently...

if you notice, the assessment is working fine and it give the values when done in the end page, i also added in my template the {current total short code} it is working fine,, but i want this calculation value to be saved to database!! and also to have the output results (normal, abnormal ,borderline) as to be in the database along with the answers record

using ls 1.92

appreciated any input

Mike

please help with assessment saving to db, i tried all possible ways! 1 year 1 week ago #99700

• itsme
  • Senior Lime
hello, anybody please advise

please help with assessment saving to db, i tried all possible ways! 1 year 1 week ago #99701

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 239
Hello,

1) As already said by Denis, use a hidden equation type question to grab the assessment value.

2) Avoid the use of javascript based workarounds described elsewhere in the forum (only indicated for versions before 1.92)

3) Go to this old post, install the survey sample (assess.lss) and play around to understand how this works

Hope this helps you....
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

please help with assessment saving to db, i tried all possible ways! 1 year 1 week ago #99703

• itsme
  • Senior Lime
hi and thanks a lot for your reply

i've done that actually but didn't work, i changed the question codes to q1 and q2 to cope with the example but keep showing undefined variable in the equation question!

my questions are "array" not radio buttons with comments and i am stuck in the middle of this, please have a look at my given survey above and just put the formula for me

i would like to save the assessment results as well that which is shown in the end of the survey (assessment page - end page) so please help in this as well

I know we are newbies and might bother you a little, believe me i've searched all over the forums and played around for long time without active results, i appreciate any input can help me finish this

thanks a lot in advanced

Mike

please help with assessment saving to db, i tried all possible ways! 1 year 1 week ago #99728

• amit
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,
I tried the attached survey and found that you are using incorrect expression.

Please use the subquestion code as well in the expression

The correct expression would be :
{sum(ct_g1_q01_SQ001.NAOK, ct_g1_q02_SQ001.NAOK)}

Hope this helps!!

--
amit
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by amit. Reason: missed expressions tag

please help with assessment saving to db, i tried all possible ways! 1 year 1 week ago #99729

• itsme
  • Senior Lime
thank you amit
i tried that but didn't work
can you please make changes to the same example i attached and reupload, it doesn't make sense and drives me crazy :(

please help with assessment saving to db, i tried all possible ways! 1 year 1 week ago #99732

• amit
  • Fresh Lemon
Here it is:

File Attachment:

File Name: h0c777bb_2013-09-10.lss
File Size: 38 KB

Maybe try using "value" instead of "NAOK" in the expression.

--
amit
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by amit. Reason: Missed the attachement
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Donation Image