Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: URL parameters - how to launch a partially answered survey response?

URL parameters - how to launch a partially answered survey response? 1 year 6 months ago #94502

• hanksterr7
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi

I would like to auto-launch a survey for a user, allowing them to resume a survey they had already started. Is this possible? I know how to pre-fill questions in the survey when I launch it for them via the url arguments (such as http://<svr>/index.php?r=survey/index/sid/762745/newtest/Y/lang/en&762745X6X222=abcd

What other options exist for parameters I can pass in the URL to control survey behavior, and hopefully auto-load a prior response?

Thansk

-- Hank
The administrator has disabled public write access.

URL parameters - how to launch a partially answered survey response? 1 year 6 months ago #94505

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 840
Hello,

To have a complete prefilling system, best is to use token and "Enable token answer persistance".
Here you have 2 choice:
- Prefill answer (use default answer) with some attribute
- Start each survey and prefill answer in each survey (you can use vv import/export for this).

But you can use too prefilling answer, but it's more complicated because you need one paramtere for each question.

Denis
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by DenisChenu.

URL parameters - how to launch a partially answered survey response? 1 year 6 months ago #94541

• hanksterr7
  • Fresh Lemon
Ok, I got the token approach working. I can open a url like
http://svr/index.php?r=survey/index/sid/698233/token/tzxkr6c4rrv7trh/newtest/Y

and it will re-open the survey with all the prior answers filled in. Cool! Thanks
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
Donation Image