Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: One question, multiple choice and multiple respondents

One question, multiple choice and multiple respondents 1 year 7 months ago #93693

• DezB
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi folks

I am trying to put together a travel/vacation survey and I would like to have a question that has multiple choice tick box answers and a row for each respondent, i.e.

Question: What kind of vacation would different members of your family prefer to take?
Cruise Beach Holidays Safari and Nature Historical Destinations Spa Holidays
Me
My daughter/s
My son/s
My partner

Can anyone please advise me on how to do this?

Many thanks

DezB
The administrator has disabled public write access.

One question, multiple choice and multiple respondents 1 year 7 months ago #93701

• DezB
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi

I've realised that wording on the above might be misleading as the question is not for multiple respondents, it's actually one respondent who is adding answers on behalf of family members.

Hope this helps

DezB

One question, multiple choice and multiple respondents 1 year 7 months ago #93713

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 854
An array question type seems OK if i understand rigth.

The user have to choose one answer in each line.
Answer: Cruise | Beach Holidays | Safari and Nature | Historical Destinations | Spa Holidays
Sub question : me | daugther | son | partner

Denis

One question, multiple choice and multiple respondents 1 year 7 months ago #93773

• DezB
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Denis

Yes, I thought that too, but then decided that I need to allow the respondent to be able to select more that one answer, i.e. Beach + Spa Holidays then on the line for, say the partner, Cruise and Beach and so on.

Hope this helps

Thanks

DezB

One question, multiple choice and multiple respondents 1 year 7 months ago #93778

• paulfiner
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
You can use a multiple numeric question and then in the 'advanced section' select 'Use checkbox layout'.

This will allow multichoice answers for each person.

Cheers

Paul

One question, multiple choice and multiple respondents 1 year 7 months ago #93816

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 810
Have a look at array-numbers-checkbox - docs.limesurvey.org/Question+type+-+Arra...rvey#Checkbox_layout
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

One question, multiple choice and multiple respondents 1 year 7 months ago #93827

• DezB
  • Fresh Lemon
HI Folks

Many thanks to paulfiner and tpartner, worked a treat, now I can start on the other questions.

Kind regards

DezB
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
Donation Image