Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Customising/Localising error messages

Customising/Localising error messages 1 year 4 months ago #93626

• XimG
  • Fresh Lemon
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I edit the es.po file in my database, it won't be overwritten unless I run an update.

In that case, I guess I can back up the file and replace the one installed with the update.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Customising/Localising error messages 1 year 4 months ago #93632

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 234
It means that whenever there is an update of Spanish your changes will be overwritten.
In the other hand if your modification is not specific to your sole use but could be an improvment for all users, it could take part of the original translation.
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

Customising/Localising error messages 1 year 4 months ago #93633

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 234
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I edit the es.po file in my database, it won't be overwritten unless I run an update.
In that case, I guess I can back up the file and replace the one installed with the update.

You're right; but sometimes it could be better to save a text file with all the modifications you made and adapt the new .po file in case of important (translated) changes in the software
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

Customising/Localising error messages 1 year 4 months ago #93634

• XimG
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you for the information. I have considered sending my localised po. However, although some of the modifications were corrections to the po file available, other were particularly addressed to the purpose of my survey.
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Donation Image