Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Customize table names

Customize table names 1 year 7 months ago #93125

• arto78
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi guys.
I'm new to this so excuse my ignorance :)

Is it possible to explicitly say what my table name should be in the database before actually creating it? The same question goes for column names :)

For instance if I have a question 'What is you name?' I want to be able to have a column 'Name' in my table where the answer is stored.
Thanks in advance!
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by arto78. Reason: Not precise enough
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Customize table names 1 year 7 months ago #93132

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 359
why would you need something like that in the database? LS needs to create it's own tables automatically.

However, the results output usually has headers like you require. I assume it is not important to have the columns of the mysql database name, but the output in excel or csv, right?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Customize table names 1 year 7 months ago #93138

• arto78
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for the response.

It's mostly for aesthetics.

With the example I gave before the answers are stored in a column called something like 'EXK3X2'.

I am not interested in those columns LS generates by default. Only those that are generated specifically from my questions.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
Donation Image