Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Token import - CSV file too big

Token import - CSV file too big 1 year 5 months ago #93096

• joe_p
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Does anyone know the limit on the number of tokens LimeSurvey can import at once? I have a large survey where we will be doing 50,000 at a time, and I have import errors when I cut that in half (25,000 at a time). 100 at a time works.

What is the limit here?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Token import - CSV file too big 1 year 5 months ago #93098

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 302
I don't think the problem is the number of tokens, but the file size. This would depend very much on your server settings. What is the error message?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Token import - CSV file too big 1 year 5 months ago #93116

• joe_p
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for the reply - I found the problem a short while after posting this (though I'd already been at it for a couple of hours).

I was getting a "limesurvey upload file not found" error, and it told me to check my permissions on the limesurvey/tmp/upload directory, but those weren't the issue.

My upload_max_filesize setting in PHP was the culprit - it was set to 2M. Adjusting this did the trick and let me run the large file.

Part of the confusion here also involved IIS, since our site runs on IIS - there is a setting there (maxRequestLength in the <httpRuntime> element) which has a default limit of 4M for file upload size. But it turned out PHP was the limiting factor here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch

Token import - CSV file too big 1 year 5 months ago #93119

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 302
Thanks for the feedback. It is important to post the solution, even if you find it yourself as this might help others.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Donation Image