Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to assess survey once it's submitted

How to assess survey once it's submitted 1 year 2 months ago #92410

• mmrvelj
  • Fresh Lemon
First of all, I am a newbie to a Limesurvey.

I have intention to use Limesurvey for the job application in our company. Too often we are receiving email applications where people do not satisfy even basic requirements for the position. With survey way we could filter out the most obvious rejects without spending precious time from somebody in human resources.

So I have created a survey where you can apply by following a link (no email invitations). My problem is that I would like to notify HR only if people satisfy some conditions, (e.g. relevant experience is more then 2 years), otherwise survey should not send notifications. Notification can be an email to dedicated email address.

My problem is that I don't even have idea how to make this work with Limesurvey. I tried to play with assessments, but they seem to be only useful while participant is answering, and I need a way to analyze complete survey once candidate clicks on the submit button, and to (conditionally) send notification based on the answers.

Can somebody please give me any pointer how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to assess survey once it's submitted 1 year 2 months ago #92414

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 255
You probably would have process that by passing on certain responses via endurl to an external page that will check if the conditions are met.

Or you "screen" them out already in the questionnaire via conditions. But I assume that this is not what you want? e.g. experiences "<2 years" will end the questionnaire immediately.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: How to assess survey once it's submitted 1 year 2 months ago #92416

• mmrvelj
  • Fresh Lemon
As you guessed, I would not screen out people immediately, since I am afraid that they would realize this and change their answers only to pass the application filter. Instead I would prioritize people who pass the basic verification (by notifying HR person to check their application) and only occasionally somebody would take a look at all other applicants.

I would like to check the conditions inside survey. It can be described like this: once the user clicks submit button on the survey, a function is invoked with all his answers passed as parameters and there I could say something like

if (experience > 2 years) then notifyHR(candidate)

I was looking at conditions but they seem to be used only to make decision if particular question should be displayed or not, while I need a custom action to be performed.

Thanks

Re: How to assess survey once it's submitted 1 year 2 months ago #92420

• mmrvelj
  • Fresh Lemon
In the end I created my custom function like this:
function exprmgr_mynotify($condition, $text, $subject,  $notifyaddress)
{
    if ($condition==True) {
        if ($text != null) {
                mail($notifyaddress,$subject,$text);
        }
    }
    return true;
}

I am invoking this function on the last question in application through relevance equation:
notify((Q0005.shown == 'Yes'), 'New application. Candidate name is: ' + Q0002.shown + ',' + Q0001.shown, '[HR] New application', 'hr@mycompany.com')

However, for every application I get 3 emails :(. I guess that limesurvey invokes my method 3 times for some reason. Do you know how to avoid this?
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by mmrvelj. Reason: marking code blocks

Re: How to assess survey once it's submitted 1 year 2 months ago #92481

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 194
Hello,
Please have a look at my comment here and at the cited survey sample.
May give you alternative ideas...
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds
Donation Image