Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Translate the label questionhelp without .po file

• gabrielet
  • gabrielet's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #92110 by gabrielet
Hi to all,

i have little question for you. I' d like to change the italian translation oh the question help paragraph of the multichoice question. Is it possibile?
The italian translation is "Controllare una o più delle seguenti". It isn't correct.

How can i do?
Thnaks
Gabriele
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 1 month ago #92112 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Translate the label questionhelp without .po file
Hello,

If it's not correct:

1. Create a free user account on www.limesurvey.org (lien externe).
  2. Note: If you already have an account please log in once at www.limesurvey.org (lien externe) first!
  3. Go to translate.limesurvey.org (lien externe), login there with the same user name and password.
  4. Pick the LimeSurvey version you want to translate for and start translating. After your translation was approved it will automatically be released in the weekly stable release and your username will be credited in the change log.
  5. If you are interested to become a prime translator for your language with the ability to approve newly translated string please contact us at translations@limesurvey.org . Such a position requires a maximum of about an hour of work per week - important to us is that you are reliable doing this.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • gabrielet
More
11 years 1 month ago #92149 by gabrielet
Hi,

and thanks for this response. I updated the translation and exported the po file.
Now what do i have to do? I have poedit. How canm i generate the .mo file and then where do i have to copy this .mo file? In which directory?

Thanks
Gabriele
More
11 years 1 month ago #92157 by adishardis
Replied by adishardis on topic Translate the label questionhelp without .po file
When you edit and then save your translation a .mo file will be created alongside the .mo

You move this into your limesurveydirectory /locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/ and replace the existing it.mo file. Make sure the new .mo file has the same name as the old one.

I allways rename the old one so I have it just in case!

Cheers
Adam
  • DenisChenu
More
11 years 1 month ago #92193 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Translate the label questionhelp without .po file
Hello,
I didn't say "update yourself the po/mo files"
But (if actual string have error):
- update the string in translate.limesurvey.org/projects
- wait next monday (or thursday sometimes)

Ad next update your transaltion strig are in LS for all italian :)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • gabrielet
More
11 years 1 month ago #92201 by gabrielet
Hi Denis, and thanks,

but i can't wait to update the translation file from myself. I've to deliver a job today.
Don't worry I'll contribute to the italian translation but i have absolutely to translate this file today. Sorry.

Gabriele
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose