Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sending invitations

Sending invitations 1 year 6 months ago #91864

• Serafim
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi there, I tried to find in the manual but haven't found anything.

How many invitations can I send once at a time? My survey has more than 500 tokens, but when I send the invitations he can't send them all at once. Is it from the Limesurvey or is it from my server?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sending invitations 1 year 6 months ago #91870

• joe_p
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
There is a setting in Global settings -> Email settings for email batch size. This looks like the place you would need to adjust the limit for the number of emails to send at one time.

Re: Sending invitations 1 year 6 months ago #91876

• mwilliams
  • Fresh Lemon
SMTP limits are set by your web or email host. Check with them to see if you're rate-limited. Most of the major hosts are, so unless you run your own server, it's likely there's some limit. At that point, limiting the sending rate would be valuable to ensure messages aren't discarded or bounced.

If you need to send all of the invitations quickly, subscribing to a cheap SMTP service or using a free mail account with a greater/no limit would be the way to go.

It might also be worth checking your web host's PHP mail/sendmail limit. It's often different to the SMTP limit, though it can be better or worse.

Re: Sending invitations 1 year 6 months ago #91915

• Serafim
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
Yes, it's probably because of the server settings, must ask my IT department. Anyway, thanks people...
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Donation Image