Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I control the amount of info that limesurvey puts into SPSS' labels column?

More
11 years 1 month ago #91697 by mvdct
Hi all,

I'm exporting data to SPSS. The export feature works like a dream. Thank you.

I'm just wondering if there is one thing I can control. In short, on my array questions, I am getting too much information dragged into my "labels" column in SPSS (see SPSS_label.jpg).

Limesurvey seems to be pulling in the actual question text and placing that in sqaure brackets (which is great). But it is also pulling in the overall question text and placing that after the square brackets (which is less good).

If you take a look at QuestionGroup.JPG. You'll see how the overall question box can have quite a lot of text in it.

Now take a look at SPSS_Label.jpg and you'll see how it all gets squished into the SPSS label coloumn.

The bottom line is that I don't really need all that text to end up in SPSS. If I could just have the text within the square brackets (see SPSS_Label.jpg) - that would be ideal.

Any ideas?
Best

[using latest version of limesurvey]
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 1 month ago #91711 by tpartner
I don't think you can fix that in LimeSurvey. You may need to search-and-replace all of those strings in the SPSS syntax file before you run it.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
11 years 1 month ago #91786 by mvdct
Thank you. That is useful to know.

Yes, I figured I could probably do a search and replace.
Not an ideal solution though.

Any chance of building an improvement into a future version of LimeSurvey?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose