Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: tailoring: custom html tags using expression manager - rich text editor issue

tailoring: custom html tags using expression manager - rich text editor issue 1 year 6 months ago #91685

• bebs
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello.

I would like to concatenate/join a few tree text answers in a single (hidden) equation question, but the html editor does filter my code (even after desactivating the html editor in global settings and allowing for XSS vulnerabilities).

the Expression I'd like to use is
{if((count(q1tx, q2tx, q3tx)>0),
  implode(" ", "<div class='comments'> <p>Your related additional comments:</p>",
    if(!is_empty(q1tx),implode("", "<p class='s", q1q, "'>", q1tx, "</p>"),""), 
    if(!is_empty(q2tx), implode("", "<p class='s", q2q,"'>", q2tx, "</p>"), ""), 
    if(!is_empty(q3tx), implode("", "<p class='s", q3q, "'>", q3tx, "</p>"),""),
    ), "</div>"), "")} 

in order to generate an html code similar to
  <div class='comments'><p>Your related additional comments:</p>
     <p class='sQ1CODEHERE'>Free text answer q1tx content goes here</p>
     <p class='sQ3CODEHERE'>Free text answer q3tx content goes here</p>
  </div>

simply copy-paste the expression above in the "source" view of the question editor, hit "save & close", and even if the expression was valid (at least I think), the logic check on the group/survey fails.

Is there any possible way to achieve this kind of custom generation of html tags using expressions?

thanks.
B.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: tailoring: custom html tags using expression manager - rich text editor issue 1 year 6 months ago #91720

• ResearchOnBlogs
  • Gold Lime
  • Thank you received: 16
Did you use:
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">

$(document).ready(function(){
</script>

around your code?

research on BLOGS - Professional LimeSurvey support
Consultant - Templates - Training - JQuery magic - Support - Coding - Survey creation and more..

Contact
Professional LimeSurvey support
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by ResearchOnBlogs.

Re: tailoring: custom html tags using expression manager - rich text editor issue 1 year 6 months ago #91725

• bebs
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
roB2009 wrote:
Did you use:
</script>
around your code?

No I did not, as i don't know javascript at all.
Do I need to "echo" or "print" the result of my expression? simply putting it down between the brakets (as below) had no effect.

Would be great if it worked, the only downside would be that I would have no syntax validation on the expression... but I can live with that.

{here comes my expression that generates custom html tags}

}
</script>

thanks for the help.
B.

Re: tailoring: custom html tags using expression manager - rich text editor issue 1 year 6 months ago #91735

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 742
Is there any possible way to achieve this kind of custom generation of html tags using expressions?

I can't answer that directly, it's something maybe TMSWhite could speak to, but...

You do not need a <script> tag for Expression Manager expressions. These expressions are parsed at the server before page rendering.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds
Donation Image