Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Merge Results

Merge Results 1 year 11 months ago #90355

• freekje
  • Fresh Lemon
I have a survey at work for 6 weeks. 7 Januar 2013 I will stop it. We also have a paper survey. These we want to fill in in the digital survey manually. But we also want to filter these results, because of it will have other results, we think. Therefore I have made the same survey (copy) in where we can fill in the forms. Then we want to use the same results from both survey's combined and/or not combined.

Hard to descript the problem, maybe there is another solution.

please help with this, thanks in forward.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Merge Results 1 year 11 months ago #90360

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 381
Well, I don't think you would need to separate the two surveys, if both are exactly the same. You close the survey on the 7th of January, then everything that comes in after that will be the paper survey. You would need to use the data entry feature though, because otherwise people might still access the websurvey after the closing date.

But your solution with two different surveys is fine as well.

But what is the actuall problem now?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Merge Results 1 year 11 months ago #90361

• freekje
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for your fast answer, Holch

We want already to start fill in the paper survey, because of the time busy with it. We have volunteers yet. After 7 januar, the results have to be gathered quick, so the time is rare at that moment. All we can do now is better. The actuall problem is fill in paper surveys, who are the same, in a active survey, which can be filtered out afterwards.

So if we start now in the same digital survey, I find that the results are vulnerable (sorry for my Enlish), but we can't transform now, because of it is active. Therefor another "ghost" survey, to merge later. I have not that much experience, so if I have a possibility to get an answer now, we can start to fill in the second survey.

A bit more clear now?

Thanks in forward.

Re: Merge Results 1 year 11 months ago #90364

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 381
Well, the case is clear, but it is not clear to me what your actual problem is. Maybe because I don't see any problem to join the results from both surveys, as long as they are an exact copy.

However, you can't merge results in Limesurvey as far as I am aware of. You will have to do this in the program you use for analysis (e.g. Excel, SPSS, PSPP, Sofa statistics, etc.).

I would create a new column which includes whether the response is from the online survey or the paper survey. Then you can create a cross table analyzing if there are any major differences in results depending on the methodology.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Donation Image