Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Diary Survey

• annatr
  • annatr's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #89473 by annatr
Diary Survey was created by annatr
I'm wanting to survey students about their study habits as part of my PhD.
I would like to set up a survey which has times in rows (6-7am, 7-8am etc) and in columns has study and non-study activities. So each student would select each hour over a 24 hour period, and then nominate a study or non-study activity (of about 11 options so far) for each hour. This seems to be pretty easy to do on any survey program with a matrix table or a side by side format, BUT I would like to ask another couple of questions for each hour if a study activity is selected. So I effectively want to have 24 rows, and 2 column groupings (study & non-study) each containing a few options, and if any column in the study grouping is selected I would like 2 more columns to appear with students then select another option in another 2 column groupings to further describe the study activities. But if the student selects a non-study activity in the first column, then these extra 2 columns should not appear (or will not be able to be completed - eg automatically select NA or something)....
Here is a word version of the kind of thing I want to do.....
Does anyone know if this is possible with LimeSurvey?
Thanks very much for your help,
Anna
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by annatr. Reason: spelling error & clarification required
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 3 months ago #89496 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Diary Survey
Unfortunately this isn't possible out-of-the-box.

A possible workaround would be to add a second array question for the "extra 2 columns" and then use conditions or relevance to show it if a "study" option is selected.

You could use CSS to align the 2 arrays side-by-side.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose