Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Array of checkboxes and input text fields in Limesurvey (2.0)

• knuspercrunch
  • knuspercrunch's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #89305 by knuspercrunch
I want to create an array question that consists of checkboxes and short text input fields. Illustration:

Fruits bitter sweet salty other
orange cBox cBox cBox inputText
mango cBox cBox cBox inputText
. . . . .
. . . . .
. . . . .
inputText cBox cBox cBox inputText

Till now i can create an "Array (Multi Flexi) (Numbers)" in the Checkbox variant but not with the needed text input fields. Regarding to the example a user should be able to enter a new fruit and describe it with an own taste.

It seems that there is no way to create new question types in Limesurvey 2.0. But i found a JavaScript based workaround for arranging several single questions in one line. When trying to adapt this script i found out that its not supporting the array question type (mentioned before) i need here.

Any ideas or different approaches to this aehm, challenge? Thanks a lot in advance for any help or tricks that assist me solving this!
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 3 months ago #89316 by DenisChenu
Hello,

ALready in workaround : Multiple question types in array

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: knuspercrunch
  • knuspercrunch
  • knuspercrunch's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #89325 by knuspercrunch
DennisChenu, i know this workaround and i was refering to the same one, thx for adding the link.

But, this script does not support the question type "Array (Multi Flexi) (Numbers)"...
as i mentioned i was not able to enhance it in a way that i get a usefull result.

Is there no different way in 2.0? May creating/modifying existing question types or something else?

THX!
  • tpartner
More
11 years 3 months ago #89329 by tpartner
This shouldn't be too difficult using an array-multi-flexi-numbers followed by a multiple-short-text and then some CSS magic to align them side-by-side.

Or, maybe a better approach would be to use JavaScript to dynamically move the multiple-short-text inputs to the array-multi-flexi-numbers rows...

Can you attach a sample survey with those two questions and let us know which template you are using?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • tpartner
More
11 years 3 months ago #89697 by tpartner

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose