Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Importing or copying surveys break relevance equations

Importing or copying surveys break relevance equations 1 year 8 months ago #88770

• jussibus
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi!

I am trying to import (or copy) surveys with relevance equations such as some_code.NAOK=="something". The imported survey has the equations messed up having something like 48452X10X181.NAOK=="something". The ids in equation (48452,10,181) refers to the ids in the original survey that was exported. They do not work in the new survey with new ids. I don't understand why the imported survey doesn't preserve the code names but uses the id numbers.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help, Jussi
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Importing or copying surveys break relevance equations 1 year 8 months ago #88772

• jussibus
  • Fresh Lemon
I am using LimeSurvey Version 2.00+ Build 121117

Re: Importing or copying surveys break relevance equations 1 year 8 months ago #88798

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 746
That should definitely not happen.

Please file a bug report and...

1. Give as much information as possible.

2. Provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.

3. Provide screenshots and a sample survey.

4. Post the link to the bug here so we can follow the progress.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Importing or copying surveys break relevance equations 1 year 8 months ago #88816

• jussibus
  • Fresh Lemon
I couldn't reproduce the problem anymore when creating a survey in LImeSurvey 2.00+ and then exporting and importing it back to LimeSurvey.

However, it seems that the problem occurred because the original survey was created with earlier version of LimeSurvey. I think it was 1.92 but not sure.

I think things were messed up when the LimeSurvey got updated as I can see the original survey has the relevance equations working after the update but the equations doesn't refer anymore to codes but the id's. Before the update the equations were like some_code.NAOK=="something" but after the update like 48452X10X181.NAOK=="something". And that must be the reason why exporting/copying doesn't work. Those absolute id's just don't point to any question after the export/copy.

Do you think I should still file a bug report? I don't have any sample survey now as the update already messed up the original survey.

Re: Importing or copying surveys break relevance equations 1 year 8 months ago #88857

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 746
Yes, I would still submit the bug.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Importing or copying surveys break relevance equations 1 year 8 months ago #88913

• jussibus
  • Fresh Lemon
I was trying really hard to reproduce the problem. I installed version 1.92 again, created similar survey I had, upgraded LimeSurvey to 2.00 but the problem didn't occur. The survey was OK after the upgrade.

I am quite sure the problem occurred when LImeSurvey got upgraded. However, it wasn't me who did the upgrade so I can't be sure what really happened. Perhaps something went wrong with the upgrade and the database didn't get upgraded correctly.

Also, I am testing against Version 2.00+ Build 121117. Previously, when the problem occurred, the build number was smaller.

Re: Importing or copying surveys break relevance equations 1 year 8 months ago #88917

• jussibus
  • Fresh Lemon
Started to make bug report but I think I don't have enough information for the report. I really don't know the exact version number of LimeSurvey that was used, didn't make the original upgrade by myself and the upgraded 2.00 build number is also unknown to me.

I made my own testing with my laptop but couldn't reproduce the problem. The original problem occurred in a remote server maintained by other webmaster. I really don't what happened there.

Anyways, I did the report: bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=6941

Cheers, Jussi
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Donation Image