Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Likert scale with different subquestion placing and custom coloring

Likert scale with different subquestion placing and custom coloring 1 year 11 months ago #87879

• rh0
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,
I have a 6-point Likert type scale with long questions (40 questions, each 10 words or so). So when I use array with questions on the left it takes a lot of horizontal space and is rather uncomfortable to read.
On the other hand, if I use separate questions with blank sub-questions it takes a lot of vertical space because of spaces between them and the repeated headers.
So my question is:
is there some way I could place sub-question text in the same column as answer options, at the top of them?
Also, I don't want to use repeated headers, so I figured it would be useful to have a coloring system for different answer options.
Tried to put this idea in a drawing to illustrate what I want.

Will be grateful for your help :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Likert scale with different subquestion placing and custom coloring 1 year 11 months ago #87880

I would be interested in something like that as well

Re: Likert scale with different subquestion placing and custom coloring 1 year 11 months ago #87895

• DenisChenu
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 853
For color,

You can use css , each cell answer have answer_cell_00{ANSWRE_CODE} class.

For "separate" header, think the best is to use some javascript.

Hidding $('tboby th'), add a <tr> <td colspan> and fill this cell with "th" thext.

Some work

Re: Likert scale with different subquestion placing and custom coloring 1 year 11 months ago #87903

• rh0
  • Fresh Lemon
DenisChenu wrote:
For color,

You can use css , each cell answer have answer_cell_00{ANSWRE_CODE} class.
It works. But here's the problem:
I have several likert scales in my survey actually and they use different coding (0-5 and 1-6 in particular). Also there is one semantic differential scale (coded 1-7) where colors are not needed.

So is there any way to differentiate between them?
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
Donation Image