Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can I periodically auto-email Statistics Reports generated by LimeSurvey ?

Can I periodically auto-email Statistics Reports generated by LimeSurvey ? 2 years 4 weeks ago #87382

• pmlmedia
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 1
I'd like to setup limesurvey to periodically create a statistics report for one of my public surveys and have limesurvey email the report on e.g. a weekly basis.

Is this possible with LimeSurvey?

I thought this would be a widely-used / requested feature but can't find anything in the 'Can I do this...' forum or on ideas.limesurvey.org
Last Edit: 2 years 4 weeks ago by pmlmedia. Reason: spelling mistake
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can I periodically auto-email Statistics Reports generated by LimeSurvey ? 2 years 4 weeks ago #87400

• pmlmedia
  • Fresh Lemon
BTW I have set 'public statistics: Yes' in the survey's general settings and in advanced settings for every question I've set 'show public statistics: yes'.
I thought this would at least show the graphs for each question, just like when I view statistics when logged in as an administrator - but all I see is one line showing 'number of responses in this survey: 10' - but no graphs or other data???

Do I need to configure something else to display statistics publicly?

I can work around not being able to use LimeSurvey to automatically generate email notifications (to generate a weekly email with a link to a survey's public statistics) but at the moment I can't even automatically display the statistics for a survey at all.

Any ideas? :unsure:
Last Edit: 2 years 4 weeks ago by pmlmedia.

Re: Can I periodically auto-email Statistics Reports generated by LimeSurvey ? 2 years 4 weeks ago #87410

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 869
pmlmedia wrote:
I can work around not being able to use LimeSurvey to automatically generate email notifications (to generate a weekly email with a link to a survey's public statistics) but at the moment I can't even automatically display the statistics for a survey at all.
The only way to do this is to make your own php (or ruby or python) script and to put it in a crontab.

You can use LS function in your php script (not in your ruby or python) script.

For the public stats: your LS version and can you send us a lss example files.

Denis
The following user(s) said Thank You: pmlmedia

Re: Can I periodically auto-email Statistics Reports generated by LimeSurvey ? 2 years 4 weeks ago #87415

• pmlmedia
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Denis - thank you for you reply - my .lss is attached.

Version 2.0+ Build 120924

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey_survey_213984.lss
File Size: 37 KB

Re: Can I periodically auto-email Statistics Reports generated by LimeSurvey ? 2 years 4 weeks ago #87445

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
Hello,

You have to set Public statistics in survey parameters to Yes, after it work for me (tested).

Denis

Re: Can I periodically auto-email Statistics Reports generated by LimeSurvey ? 2 years 4 weeks ago #87453

• pmlmedia
  • Fresh Lemon
Sorry - my bad - by "..in survey parameters..." do you mean: General Settings -> Presentation & Navigation -> "Show Public statistics: Yes" ?

I've set 'Show Public statistics' to yes but still can not see the statistics, with graphs, via the 'view public statistics' link at the end of the survey - all I can see is the 'total records in the survey' (see attached image)

Just to clarify - I just want to be able to display a statistics report (html with graphs) of a public survey so I can view the stats for the survey without being logged in as an admin.
Attachments:

Re: Can I periodically auto-email Statistics Reports generated by LimeSurvey ? 2 years 4 weeks ago #87457

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
I just import your survey, and teste again : no problem.

I send you the link in private message.

What is your exact version of LS ?

Denis
The following user(s) said Thank You: pmlmedia

Re: Can I periodically auto-email Statistics Reports generated by LimeSurvey ? 2 years 3 weeks ago #87481

• pmlmedia
  • Fresh Lemon
OK Thank you @DenisChenu - I have updated LS from the unstable build 120924 to 121025 to make public statistics work as they should do. Thank you - i thought I was running the latest version of LS and did not realise that statistics did not work in the 120924 version of LS.

Even after the update, I'm forced into making statistics for a survey public, just so I can share a link to a statistics page so that my manager can view the statistics without having to log in to the site. My manager does not want the respondents of the survey to see the statistics for the survey so I want to remove the 'view statistics' links on the survey home page and also want to remove the 'view statistics' link on the page after submitting the survey. In other words, only the people that know the statistics report page URL should be able to view the statistics - even when not logged in to LS.

Should I simply edit my page templates to hide those links?

It would be a good feature of LS to be able to make a statistics page 'private' (rather than either 'restricted' or 'public'), so that people that know the report's URL can view the statistics page - even when they are not logged in to the site. At the moment, I can either show statistics to everyone (public statistics) or show nothing unless logged in to LS.

p.s. my manager has agreed to a significant donation to the LS 2012 fundraiser if I can get this to work!
Last Edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by pmlmedia.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Donation Image