Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can't use " ' " in name or email for token based survey

Can't use " ' " in name or email for token based survey 1 year 10 months ago #87234

• bwoo5
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 4
In my token table I have a participant with the name O'ryan and his email is O'This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

When I put this into limesurvey it changes his name to oryan and the email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

his actually email needs to have the ' in there. Is there a work around to this?

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can't use " ' " in name or email for token based survey 1 year 8 months ago #90354

• bwoo5
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 4
Is there a workaround for this issue? Just did another survey with a someone that has a name of Mike O'Bryan and his email is mike.o'This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Limesurvey imports this and shows it correctly in the token table but when it sends the email, the email address it used was This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., it is chopping off the mike.o'

Thanks for your help.

Re: Can't use " ' " in name or email for token based survey 1 year 8 months ago #90365

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 312
I have no solution but an opinion: the person that invented email addresses with special characters should be spanked. ;-)
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Can't use " ' " in name or email for token based survey 1 year 8 months ago #90370

• helper
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 18
And spanked very hard!

In defense of LimeSurvey - this is a very "typical" method for SQL injection to put an apostrophe in a text field. LimeSurvey just takes that risk out by not processing the character.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
Donation Image