Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Make a question based on what's been checked in previous question

Make a question based on what's been checked in previous question 2 years 1 month ago #87070

Hi! I'm a real newbie, and I also generally have very little knowledge of programming and stuff life that, so if anyone can explain very throughly, it could be sooo great!

I have this question: Check the 3 most important competencies (out of 10)

Then i want next question to be: On a scale from 1-10, in what degree do you posses these 3 competencies? (and then i want the 3 previous to show as 10-point arrays
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Make a question based on what's been checked in previous question 2 years 1 month ago #87105

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 869
Hello,

Use array_filter .

It exist for this :)

Re: Make a question based on what's been checked in previous question 2 years 1 month ago #87109

I got that, but i just cant figure out how to use it properly...

Re: Make a question based on what's been checked in previous question 2 years 1 month ago #87118

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 379
You need to create the same answer battery for both questions (answer codes must be the same in both questions).

The first will be a multiple choice question, the second will be a array question.

In the multiple choice question you need to set the minimum and the maximum number of answers to 3.

In the array question (2nd question) you need to put the question code (the one you have given the question) from the 1st question. For example I named my questions AF01 and AF02.

If you put them in the same group and show the survey group by group, you can see how it works.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
Donation Image