Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Adding "other" to Array

Adding "other" to Array 1 year 9 months ago #86798

• JTilt
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi there!!

I have a whole list of sub-questions (or items) that respondents will be rating on a Likert scale. For example, "How important are the following items when choosing a where to go on vacation?" A list of factors rated on a 1-5 scale may include price, location, things to do, etc.

What I would like to know if there is a way to include a row at the very bottom of the array question that is marked "other" and allows for the respondent to write in a response or factor then rate that new factor on the Likert scale. I saw a suggestion of starting with the "other" option then adding this into the scale but that doesn't seem very practical since most factors will be in the list.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Adding "other" to Array 1 year 9 months ago #86830

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
This is a feature Limesurvey actually lacks. As a workaround, you can also name your option "other (please specify at following question)" and then use conditions to show a short text question where the user can specify that option if a rating was given before.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Adding "other" to Array 1 year 8 months ago #87967

• JTilt
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks so much! That worked great!!

EXCEPT with a ranking question. I want to give participants a chance to use "other" in a ranking question then specify their other item down below. I set the condition if they use "other" for a ranking of 1, 2 or 3 for the short-text box to be shown below. The problem is that this short text box is not showing even when the conditions (e.g. ranking of 1, 2 or 3) have been met. I think the problem is that in the conditions it says "and" between each condition meaning a ranking of 1 AND 2 AND 3. Is there a way to change this AND to an OR?

Many, many thanks for you help.

Jenna

Re: Adding "other" to Array 1 year 8 months ago #87971

• JTilt
  • Fresh Lemon
Oh never mind. I figured it out with creating new scenarios and now it works like a charm!

I have to say, I REALLY like Limesurvey--I find the setup and display easy to navigate and recommend it highly to my fellow researchers. :)
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
Donation Image