Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Multiple numerical (checkboxes) array filtering by column

Multiple numerical (checkboxes) array filtering by column 1 year 11 months ago #86797

• cris_m
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,
I have an array of checkboxes that I need to filter by column based on the answers to a previous multiple choice question. More concretely, I have types of cancer on the y-axis and family members on the x-axis; I'd only like to show the family members that have been previously checked as having cancer in the array.

I cannot use the regular filtering option (which works by rows) because there are too many types of cancer to comfortably fit on the x-axis.

I cannot use the workaround for filtering an array by column because I need checkboxes (multiple choices), not radiobuttons (single choices).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Cristina
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Multiple numerical (checkboxes) array filtering by column 1 year 11 months ago #86831

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
To my knowledge this isn't possible. My recommendation is to put the family members on the other axis and split the follow up questions up and use the array filter feature for each of these question.

All alternative solution would require coding some quite complex JavaScript.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The following user(s) said Thank You: cris_m

Re: Multiple numerical (checkboxes) array filtering by column 1 year 11 months ago #86967

• cris_m
  • Fresh Lemon
Mazi,

Thank you very much for the prompt response. Supposing that we have a programmer on the team able and willing to do this, how can we get him started? Where would we find the structure of the question type? (Hope this question makes sense).

Thank you again!

Cristina
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Donation Image