Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Font sizes in template.css

Font sizes in template.css 2 years 2 weeks ago #86485

• tfj
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 6
I have been looking through the documentation and the forums for direction in how to change the font size for certain types of questions. I thought I was close to finding a solution in the documentation under "How to change the <font-size> tags using CSS" but it indicated that this workaround was deleted because it was outdated.

I am looking for a way to increase the font size in array-type questions and in the help section of questions. I experimented by increasing the font size within the array1 and array2 references of the template.css file, but that didn't seem to have an effect on the array-type questions.

Is there a list anywhere on the various question types found within the template.css file, or am I going about this the wrong way?

I am using 1.92+ but will be upgrading to 2.0 in the fairly near future.

Thanks!

tfj
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Font sizes in template.css 2 years 2 weeks ago #86494

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 807
The styles that control the font-size are different for each template so there is no definitive documentation on what to modify.

You can explore the relevant styles with a tool like Firebug for Firefox.

Can you activate a sample survey and give us mock-up images of what you want to do?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Font sizes in template.css 2 years 2 weeks ago #86538

• tfj
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 6
Thanks, tpartner.

I have been looking through the available templates in the download section of the LimeSurvey site. The template, "easy_green" comes closest to what I am trying to accomplish, but it does not play well with 1.92+. I read the template section in the documentation for upgrading to 1.92+, but did not find what I was looking for.

The "easy_green" template would probably serve our purposes once I change the green color to something else. Basically, my supervisor is saying that the font is hard to read with our current template, which was modified from the default template.

Thoughts?

tfj

Re: Font sizes in template.css 2 years 2 weeks ago #86554

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
There are certain CSS classes for each question type so you can surely use those to adjust the font size for certain elements of a certain question type, see:
docs.limesurvey.org/The+template+editor&..._of_question_classes

When changing the template.css file, always do a complete page reload when checking your changes, otherwise the old, cached CSS file content might be loaded.

If you are looking for professional and easy to adjust templates, have a look at www.limesurvey-templates.com.

As for your update plans: better wait 2-3 more weeks, there are still some issues with the current LS 2.0 code.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Donation Image