Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Import several similar questions from textfile

Import several similar questions from textfile 2 years 1 month ago #86432

I have just managed to set up limeservey om my server and it looks great! But when I am to greate a servey I am confronted with the relative slow workflow of adding questions, especially if the server is abit slow.. So I'm wondering if there is a smoth way to add the questions outside limeservey and then import them all att once?

Since all my questions are of the radio buton-type I thought this would be rather easy, but that seems not to bee tha case. I have tried to create a servey with like two questions and then export is to edit it in both OO calc and GNUmeric to add the rest of the questions there and then import them back, but nothing seems to work... Either limeservey doesn't accept the file or when it does, I still cant see the servey in the menu afterwords.

Now I have given up and decided to do it all manualy from limesurvey (it will probably take me less time than I have allready spent on tying to make is simple ;) )

Anyhow, I thought I would throw away a question here to see if anyone has a simple solution to this?

Regards
DonIdiotoGrande
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Import several similar questions from textfile 2 years 1 month ago #86434

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
This new approach lets you import from a text file.

Re: Import several similar questions from textfile 2 years 1 month ago #86577

Thank you verry much! It almost worked! ;) After your post I was filled with a bit of missguided hope again and decided to give it a try (like the tenth or so). Now after saving .doc:s to text (I got the questions as .doc from a win user (I'm on debian)) checking encoding, exporting, opening and editing in different programs for 3 hours I thought there was a little light there in some corner of this pitch black room when the importer said it had succeded and that there instead of 5 questions were 8. However, when viewing the survey, there are only five again.... Anyone recognise this?

Re: Import several similar questions from textfile 2 years 1 month ago #86583

Sometimes one is more of an idiot than is really allowed... turned out that there was a few columns that I had missed... just because there were some empty ones i thought i'd reached the end... that was, however, not the case ;) Now everything seems to work! :)

Thanx alot for the help! And thanx alot the team of developers who has spend their time making this software availably to the public!

/DIG
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
Donation Image