Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Import information from an Excel file and use it as a predefined answer

Import information from an Excel file and use it as a predefined answer 2 years 2 months ago #85150

Hello!

I have some excel files with information (for example, name, address, age, etc.) and I want to have that information linked as a predefined answer for each user I'm going to send the survey to (so that they only have to verify the information and not fill it in all over again).

The name and address and everything will be different for each one so the predefined answer would have to change according to the user.

It is the first time I'm running this survey so I have no previous answers.

Another option is running a dummy survey, fill in all the answers and then use the iterate survey option. Would this work?

Is it possible to do this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Import information from an Excel file and use it as a predefined answer 2 years 1 month ago #86534

• ck2603
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,
I have a similar question.

I wanted to customize some survey questions, for example, to pre-fill the company name into the question. I guess I can import the company name as an attribute into the token table. But I don't know how to populate it in the survey. I tried something like {TOKEN:attrubute_1}, {TOKEN:company}, but it didn't work.

Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

Re: Import information from an Excel file and use it as a predefined answer 2 years 1 month ago #86536

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
Try using this as the default answer:
{TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1}

Token references are all upper-case.

Re: Import information from an Excel file and use it as a predefined answer 2 years 1 month ago #86537

• ck2603
  • Fresh Lemon
It worked!

Thank you for the help!

Re: Import information from an Excel file and use it as a predefined answer 2 years 1 month ago #86555

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
antonioealanis wrote:
I have some excel files with information (for example, name, address, age, etc.) and I want to have that information linked as a predefined answer for each user I'm going to send the survey to (so that they only have to verify the information and not fill it in all over again).
There is a blog post at www.limesurvey-consulting.com about "Pre-filling a text field at Limesurvey 1.92 using default answers and Expression Manager": www.limesurvey-consulting.com/pre-fillin...xpression-manager-2/

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Donation Image