Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: email content integration

email content integration 2 years 4 months ago #81672

• Mocean
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

My client is an IT provider and is sending out a final ticket resolution email with a quick survey for their customers. What they've requested is for the ticket number in the email to be recorded in the survey engine to tie the response back to the appropriate support ticket.

The system they are currently using is kaseya and the survey obviously is in limesurvey. I'm not a programmer so I'm looking to see if this is possible and how easy / hard it may be to implement.

Thanks again.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: email content integration 2 years 4 months ago #81673

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 360
This depends very much on how they organize this. They could create a token and as a custom variable include the ticket number. If this is not possible, they could pass on the ticket number via the survey URL and write it to a hidden text field. How this works should be described in the work around section of the documentation.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: email content integration 2 years 4 months ago #81828

• Mocean
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for your reply.

In their ticket email they have the ticket number id represented by code=tcidref. I've created a hidden open text question in the survey. So would the url that is attached to their email be something like this?

www.examplesurvey.com/limesurvey/index.p...892X226X3137=tcidref

with "&63892X226X3137=tcidref" being the information passed from the email to the survey?

Thanks for your help.

Re: email content integration 2 years 4 months ago #81851

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 360
I never used this feature, but how to do this should be described in the documentation. If "tcidref" ist the actual code, you are correct. If tcidref is the name of the variable, then not.

The URL has to contain the final code of the person. So if the John Doe has the ticket number "1234", you will have to include this into the link.

Maybe someone who did this already can confirm if Mocean's approach is correct with the SGQA -code?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: email content integration 2 years 4 months ago #81874

• Mazi
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Mocean wrote:
So would the url that is attached to their email be something like this?

www.examplesurvey.com/limesurvey/index.p...892X226X3137=tcidref

with "&63892X226X3137=tcidref" being the information passed from the email to the survey?

Thanks for your help.
Looks good if you want to store the passed ID at question #3137 of group #226 at survey #63892.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
Donation Image