Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mysql connection limits on shared server

Mysql connection limits on shared server 2 years 3 months ago #81639

• psoo
  • Fresh Lemon
hi,

i would be very grateful if someone can share their experience on similar issues.

We've been using LS for small surveys on a shared webhosting server (hostgator.com) and it works brilliantly. But we have an upcoming project that would be significantly larger. The problem is that the hosting company has limits for 25 simultaneous MySQL connections and the SQL server will timeout after 60 seconds of inactivity. Is that a significant limit and we should upgrade to a moderate VPS host?

The survey itself would be approx 1500 - 2000 respondents (approx 300 would fill the survey in the first 1-2hours after launch - that's the most critical time, we have to guarantee the availability of the questionnaire), survey itself is approx 40 questions (divided on 2 groups) and couple of simple filters.

as i said - i would be very grateful if someone has insight!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Mysql connection limits on shared server 2 years 3 months ago #81653

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
I recommend to upgrade your hosting package, these limits are quite low. Shared hosting generally is a problem because you never know about the resource usage by others which share the same server.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Mysql connection limits on shared server 2 years 3 months ago #81680

• psoo
  • Fresh Lemon
but would a 0,8GB/1,1Ghz VPS do the job or should I get more RAM (a very rough estimation)?
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
Donation Image