Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cloze questions

Cloze questions 2 years 4 months ago #81593

• mharbach
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I would like to add cloze questions to a survey. When adding the question, I specify a text and Limesurvey then displays the text with every nth word left out and replaced with a textbox to be filled by the user. As a result i'd either like to have the number of wrongly entered words or each entered word, so that I can calculate a more permissive error rate. I guess I'll have to develop my own question type, but maybe someone has done this before?

I also couldn't find a possibility to limit the time spent on the entire survey. Is there any facility for that?

Thanks in advance.
Marian
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cloze questions 2 years 4 months ago #81658

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Creating a new question type doesn't sound like an option to me. Have a look at the multiple short text question type, you might be able to wrok around it using this type.

To enable timings, have a look at the "save timings" setting at the survey settings: docs.limesurvey.org/Creating+a+new+surve..._amp_data_management

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Cloze questions 2 years 4 months ago #81717

• mharbach
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Mazi,

thanks for your response. "Working around" the issue is not really an option for me. I need to have regular text flow and replace single words with text boxes to fill in. Just like a typical cloze test at school (something like this: en.wikipedia.org/Cloze_test#Example)

I was having a look at the LS documentation for creating new questions types. Looks to me like the planned flexibility for adding question types is no longer there? I also tried to find my way through the LS source code, but the question types currently available seem to be somewhat hardcoded. Any chance that there is any modularity left?

Saving the timings can only help my in rejecting some answers that were filled after a certain amount of time had passed, but I canot give the user any immediate feedback. I take it that there is no way of placing a hard time limit on a question group as opposed to a single question?
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
Donation Image