Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is it possible to present short movies within a survey?

Is it possible to present short movies within a survey? 2 years 5 months ago #79811

• jozi
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I'm trying to create an online survey which requires participants to watch and judge short movies. My question is if (or how) this is possible with LimeSurvey.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Is it possible to present short movies within a survey? 2 years 5 months ago #79812

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 360
The question text can include HTML code, so you can include the video into the questin text, just like you would in any website. You might have to switch off the XSS-Filter though (not sure).
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Is it possible to present short movies within a survey? 2 years 5 months ago #79909

• atiut
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
yes, XSS must be off for embedding.

I would recommend youtube unlisted video (support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=181547)

... with modestbranding: developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters#modestbranding.

I believe tou may also upload a flash video through the interface.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by atiut.

Re: Is it possible to present short movies within a survey? 2 years 5 months ago #80104

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
...and when you are done, maybe you can post a short tutorial for our users :-)

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Is it possible to present short movies within a survey? 2 years 4 months ago #81427

• che
  • Junior Lime
I'm having problems getting a YouTube video to show up in LimeSurvey. I'm using YouTube's default embed code for this video (note: graphic content): www.youtube.com/embed/hP3y3OwSHyk.

I just dropped it into a boilerplate question in LimeSurvey (v. 1.85) using the iframe embed code and it's not showing up when I open the survey, which is active and can be found here: surveys.humaneresearch.org/index.php?sid...31&newtest=Y&lang=en

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Che

Re: Is it possible to present short movies within a survey? 2 years 4 months ago #81430

• che
  • Junior Lime
Update: I'm able to get the video to render by changing from boilerplate question type to list (radio) and moving the iframe code from the question language to one of the answer options.

However, this poses problems. First, a radio button now shows up next to the video. Second, this requires some action from the respondent when all I want is for them to view the video.

Is it possible to embed an iframe video into the html of the question itself rather than one of the answer options, and to do this using a boilerplate question type?

Thanks,
Che

Re: Is it possible to present short movies within a survey? 2 years 4 months ago #81444

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
Did you switch off the XSS filter in LS?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Is it possible to present short movies within a survey? 2 years 4 months ago #81448

• che
  • Junior Lime
Thanks for the reply, holch. Yes, XSS is turned off. The video works when added as an answer option, indicating that XSS is turned off. But I can't get it to work in the body of the question for a boilerplate question type. The code remains and is unbroken, but nothing appears when the question is rendered in HTML.

Thanks,
Che

Re: Is it possible to present short movies within a survey? 2 years 4 months ago #81449

• che
  • Junior Lime
Here's the (updated) survey link: surveys.humaneresearch.org/index.php?sid=41831&lang=en

Re: Is it possible to present short movies within a survey? 2 years 4 months ago #81450

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hi che,

The video should work in the question text as well. How do you insert the code? Via the source code mode (the html editor off) I guess?

• Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
Donation Image