Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Survey 1.92 is creating new Responses row after re-activating token access

Survey 1.92 is creating new Responses row after re-activating token access 2 years 3 months ago #78812

• marekm
  • Fresh Lemon
Dear all,

After upgrading from 1.90 to 1.92 we have following problem:
- Previously (1.90), our respondents had possibility to finish the survey, and when thay needed to correct/update the answers they must contact the admin. Admin edited the token field "completed" , erased datestamp and wrote "N". After that user had possibility to scroll over all his responses and update them. It was good fuctionality for us because we had information if users are working on survey, if it is regularly closed or not.

- Now (1.92), when user finishes survey and need to update answers, admin updates "completed" field to "N", but user cannot see his previous answers and if he updates answers, it is registred as new responses ID Table.
So we set "Allow editing answers after completion?" to YES in survey options. It fixed problem but only partially. User can access the survey, but admin dont know about this action.

Is there any way to setup the survey to work like before?

Thank you.

Marek
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Survey 1.92 is creating new Responses row after re-activating token access 2 years 3 months ago #78819

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
Try to not edit the "completed" field but set the "uses_left" value to > 0. Not sure if this wouldn't create a new data set, too.

How about the "enable token based answer persistance" option at the survey settings?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Survey 1.92 is creating new Responses row after re-activating token access 2 years 3 months ago #78843

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 787
Mazi wrote:
Try to not edit the "completed" field but set the "uses_left" value to > 0. Not sure if this wouldn't create a new data set, too.
With this solution, LS create a new answers line each time user access to the survey ....

The solution is:
- Use token
- Keep use left to 1
- Set "Anonymized responses?" to NO
- Set "Enable token-based response persistence?" to YES
- Set "Allow editing answers after completion?" to YES

To send a email at the admin each time a user answer to the survey :"Send basic admin notification email to:".

I think it's exactly what you want.

Denis

Re: Survey 1.92 is creating new Responses row after re-activating token access 2 years 3 months ago #78847

• marekm
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks guys,

Eveything is set as you wrote. But "Uses left" field decreases to negative numbers everytime when user send the survey and he is still able to open survey and edit it(attachment). Wnen I set "Allow editing answers after completion?" to NO, it still creating new rows in responses table:-/
Now I have temporary solution - Everytime user send survey, I set his "Valid until" option to actual time, so he is not able to open survey without my action.
Any other ideas how to automaticaly lock the user after completng survey?

Marek

Re: Survey 1.92 is creating new Responses row after re-activating token access 2 years 3 months ago #78857

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
I think there is no alternative solution to this. You solution should work fine.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Survey 1.92 is creating new Responses row after re-activating token access 2 years 3 months ago #78870

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 787
marekm wrote:
Eveything is set as you wrote. But "Uses left" field decreases to negative numbers everytime when user send the survey and he is still able to open survey and edit it(attachment).
Yes, it's "Allow editing answers after completion?" settings. It's the functionnality of these setting.

Wnen I set "Allow editing answers after completion?" to NO, it still creating new rows in responses table:-/
With useleft under 1 ? Maybe a bug here.
Can you explain more ?
Any other ideas how to automaticaly lock the user after completng survey?
No, not LS core included. You can do the job in ajax.

Denis
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
Donation Image