Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can I deactivate, fix-logic, reactivate survey while keeping the same user link?

Can I deactivate, fix-logic, reactivate survey while keeping the same user link? 2 years 4 months ago #78584

• dhallowell
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm in a bind - activated a survey and emailed a link to many users. Now a logic problem in one question has surfaced. I want to fix the problem with minimal impact on users. If I can restore the fixed survey using the original link, that'd be best. If I have to email a new link to everyone that'd be messy.

Thanks for any help.

Dave H
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can I deactivate, fix-logic, reactivate survey while keeping the same user link? 2 years 4 months ago #78587

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
If you are using 1.92 and coded the logic using relevance instead of the conditions editor, then you can just change the relevance - you don't need to inactivate and reactivate the survey.

Re: Can I deactivate, fix-logic, reactivate survey while keeping the same user link? 2 years 4 months ago #78590

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 235
For other versions :), If you don't have any active invitations (tokens) there' is no problem at all...
Your survey URL won't change because the main parameter (=survey ID) will remain the same.
Ben-
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Ben_V.

Re: Can I deactivate, fix-logic, reactivate survey while keeping the same user link? 2 years 4 months ago #78592

• dhallowell
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for the quick response - sorry for my naivete -- I'm using 1.92+, but not sure about the relevance/conditions aspect.
Let me explain the exact situation...

I did use the conditions editor to make the question itself appear based on an answer to a prior question. That part works fine.
The question has 4 responses, each of which should be rated 'low, med, or high' using radio buttons. Somehow I got the rows and columns reversed, and tested it so lightly that the logic gaff didn't show (ouch! -- won't do that again).

Bottom line - I know how to fix it... but would love to preserve the link that people already have when after the fix. I don't mind the survey being offline for a short time during the maintenance. I'd also download a copy of the results I have so-far before de-activating, just in case.

Thanks again for any help. I'll work to get out of newbie mode before long - LimeSurvey is great (and I'll support the donation drive)

D

Re: Can I deactivate, fix-logic, reactivate survey while keeping the same user link? 2 years 4 months ago #78594

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 800
Hello,

You can:
- deactivate survey
- modify survey
- clic on token, and get the old token in the list.
- activate survey

Denis
The following user(s) said Thank You: dhallowell

Re: Can I deactivate, fix-logic, reactivate survey while keeping the same user link? 2 years 4 months ago #78595

• dhallowell
  • Fresh Lemon
I really appreciate the quick and helpful replies. I had 'newbie panic' and you got me out of trouble quickly. I have fixed the logic problem and reactivated the survey, with no real interruption in service to the potential users.

Many thanks again,
Dave

Re: Can I deactivate, fix-logic, reactivate survey while keeping the same user link? 2 years 4 months ago #78621

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
Dave, please keep in mind that old results were moved to a backup table when deactivating a survey. So don't wonder where the old data was gone when looking at the results.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Can I deactivate, fix-logic, reactivate survey while keeping the same user link? 2 years 4 months ago #78694

• dhallowell
  • Fresh Lemon
Yes, I took note of the name of the table to which the pre=deactivate results were moved -- and I realize that I'll have to give special treatment to that table's results from the logic-scrambled question that I fixed. Luckily I caught if after just a few surveys had been completed, and I've learned a good lesson about the risk of 'an inverted array question.

So glad that the active and knowledgeable forum came to my rescue.

Dave

Re: Can I deactivate, fix-logic, reactivate survey while keeping the same user link? 2 years 4 months ago #78719

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
You're welcome :-)

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to give Limesurvey a future .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
Donation Image