Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Enable "Group by Group", yet Show One Question at a Time for a Certain Group

Enable "Group by Group", yet Show One Question at a Time for a Certain Group 2 years 5 months ago #78392

• KingKorn
  • Junior Lime
Hello everyone,

I'd like to create a survey that shows questions in groups (like done by enabling "group by group" presentation). Yet, I need one group that presents the questions it contains one by one. Can this be done - say by script or some other way?

Thanks and best regards, KK
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Enable "Group by Group", yet Show One Question at a Time for a Certain Group 2 years 5 months ago #78393

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 331
In this case you would have to create a group per question.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KingKorn

Re: Enable "Group by Group", yet Show One Question at a Time for a Certain Group 2 years 5 months ago #78395

• KingKorn
  • Junior Lime
oh no, i feared that much! :(

i think i'll create two surveys then - one where the questions are shown group by group and one where the questions are shown one at a time - then i'll let the first open the second upon exiting, while forwarding the participant's id in the url. later, i can then merge both result files in spss using the participant's id. it's dirty, but it should work... ;)

Re: Enable "Group by Group", yet Show One Question at a Time for a Certain Group 2 years 5 months ago #78671

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
KingKorn wrote:
oh no, i feared that much! :(

i think i'll create two surveys then - one where the questions are shown group by group and one where the questions are shown one at a time - then i'll let the first open the second upon exiting, while forwarding the participant's id in the url. later, i can then merge both result files in spss using the participant's id. it's dirty, but it should work... ;)
If you are using tokens, you can even pass the token by URL which makes it easier to merge data later.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Enable "Group by Group", yet Show One Question at a Time for a Certain Group 2 years 5 months ago #78742

• KingKorn
  • Junior Lime
alright, good idea - thanks! :)

Re: Enable "Group by Group", yet Show One Question at a Time for a Certain Group 2 years 5 months ago #78744

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
KingKorn wrote:
alright, good idea - thanks! :)
You're welcome :-)

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to give Limesurvey a future .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
Donation Image