Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Different ways of embedding audio

Different ways of embedding audio 2 years 6 months ago #78027

• macjen
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I've been trying to embed various audio files into my survey with varying success.

First of all I used the embed tag to embed .wav files, and on my computer this works fine, however, I think that possible problems arising from other people's computers may be to do with a lack of quicktime plugins installed.

The second option I went for was a bit more involved, taken from the w3schools.com site:
<audio controls="controls" height="50px" width="100px">
  <source src="song.wav" type="audio/wav" />
  <source src="song.mp3" type="audio/mpeg" />
<embed height="50px" width="100px" src="song.wav" />
</audio>

with this, the question box editor keeps changing the closing tag for the source tag and instead printing this:
<audio controls="controls" height="50px" width="100px">
  <source src="song.wav" type="audio/wav" >
  <source src="song.mp3" type="audio/mpeg" >
<embed height="50px" width="100px" src="song.wav" /></source></source>
</audio>

Now again this works fine on my own computer, but testing it on others, the player is shown (one step better than the previous embed tag option), however it continues to play the file several times as soon as the user clicks on to the page.

My question is two-fold:
1) Any way to stop the editor changing the tags like this? I even changed it so that I used
</source>
directly after each original source tag. The editor changed them back to what we see above.
2) More importantly, what is the best way to embed audio so that the majority of users/browsers will be able to support it?

Thanks in advance

:)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds
Donation Image