Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Same survey, many times, for different groups of people. How?

Same survey, many times, for different groups of people. How? 2 years 6 months ago #77780

• kolount
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

Suppose I want to run the same survey for 100 different groups of people. I can generate and distribute tokens offline with a script. How do I create those 100 surveys automatically, without having to click through everything 100 times?

Thanks,

Mihalis
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Same survey, many times, for different groups of people. How? 2 years 6 months ago #77784

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 805
1) You can export/import the survey to copy it.

2) If the survey is non-anonymous, you could add a group identifier to the tokens, use the same survey for everybody and auto-load a hidden question with the group ID. The data could then be filtered by group.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Same survey, many times, for different groups of people. How? 2 years 6 months ago #77797

• kolount
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for the quick answer.

Do you think this could be done in a way that does not require the number of clicks to be proportional to the number of groups, perhaps using an external program?

I would think that the several universities that use limesurvey to collect course evaluations, all with the same survey, do not have their people go manually over each course to do so.

Mihalis

Re: Same survey, many times, for different groups of people. How? 2 years 6 months ago #77829

• atiut
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
If you are using a tokens table Mazi's #2 solution should do just fine and you do not need to click excessively. This helps you separate your data in the analysis, although it does not create 100 survey IDs.

This said, i do not see why you would ever need 100 surveys. It could make sense if you had 100 people that need to access LS, but other than that I cannot imagine anything. If I am missing something let me know and maybe I will be of better help.

If your survey does not use tokens you could still try to create a hidden question and a url that pre-fills it. I do not remember all the steps but you can google it - it has been done.

Re: Same survey, many times, for different groups of people. How? 2 years 6 months ago #77834

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 840
kolount wrote:
Do you think this could be done in a way that does not require the number of clicks to be proportional to the number of groups, perhaps using an external program?
When you import a token table, you can import token code and useleft. With a useleft to 1000000000, token can be use near infinite.

Importing is a one click operation.

Denis

Re: Same survey, many times, for different groups of people. How? 2 years 6 months ago #77836

• kolount
  • Fresh Lemon
atiut wrote:
If you are using a tokens table Mazi's #2 solution should do just fine

Sorry, but what is Mazi's #2 solution?

Anyway, let me explain more. I need to do the same survey (a course evaluation) for, say, 50 different courses, and I need to collect 50 different sets of data.

I do not care if it is one survey or many as long as I can separate the answers. For each course I will generate the required number of tokens, will print them out and distribute them manually and at random to the participants (to ensure their anonymity).

As I am writing this it dawned on me that I could probably generate the tokens myself in such a way that I could read off a token a unique course number. Then I could have just one survey with one group of participants. It remains to be able to separate the answers within limesurvey to make use of its many presentation capabilities.

Wouldn't that work?

Re: Same survey, many times, for different groups of people. How? 2 years 6 months ago #77855

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 840
kolount wrote:
As I am writing this it dawned on me that I could probably generate the tokens myself in such a way that I could read off a token a unique course number. Then I could have just one survey with one group of participants. It remains to be able to separate the answers within limesurvey to make use of its many presentation capabilities.

Wouldn't that work?
I think you can find a "token generation" method in OO Calc easily,

After import the csv file generated by OO calc.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
Donation Image