Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: restoring previous answers when re-activiating a survey

restoring previous answers when re-activiating a survey 2 years 5 months ago #77683

• tacman1123
  • LimeSurvey Team
When I deactivate a survey, the previous responses are saved to an old_results_<ID> table. If I tweak the survey and want to re-import those answers (recognizing that the data may not be perfectly valid if fields or rules have changed), is there a way to do that from the admin ui?

Re-importing old tokens is easy, and it feels like re-importing old responses should be on that same screen. Is it somewhere that I'm missing? I see a bunch of import options, but I don't see importing from a previous version.

Tac
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: restoring previous answers when re-activiating a survey 2 years 5 months ago #77713

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 789
When you re-activate the survey you will be asked if you want to import old data. I'm not sure though, that you will be able to do it after changing the survey structure.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by tpartner.

Aw: Re: restoring previous answers when re-activiating a survey 2 years 5 months ago #77720

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
tpartner wrote:
When you re-activate the survey you will be asked if you want to import old data. I'm not sure though, that you will be able to do it after changing the survey structure.
To my knowledge it's not possible to re-import answer data if the table structure of the lime_survey_12345 table has changed.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Aw: Re: restoring previous answers when re-activiating a survey 2 years 5 months ago #77739

• tacman1123
  • LimeSurvey Team
That's unfortunate.

At a minimum, the admin should be allowed to export the old survey as a vv file (or csv), then import the answers into the new survey and have matching (by question_code, not SGQA) answers imported. You could always reject records that have required answers that don't have a default.

Where is the version 2 wish list? bugs.limesurvey?

Tac
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Donation Image