Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Comparing answer to a known and flagging if an outlier

Comparing answer to a known and flagging if an outlier 2 years 7 months ago #77518

• mark
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
I collect product pricing data. If a product costs 25.65 and a person enters 2.56 in error, is there a way to not accept the answer and have an error message like "This doesn't look correct - please check".
I would need to build in error bands around the price.
Is this possible in EM or non-EM Limesurvey?
Any suggestions?
Regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Comparing answer to a known and flagging if an outlier 2 years 7 months ago #77519

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

you can use the "Question validation equation" and "Sub-question validation equation" to use an Expression that defines if an input is correct or not. I think it might be difficult to realize there is missing one number but you might be able to solve this if you compare the input with a fixed minimum and maximum value (e.g. "Price.valueNAOK > 20.00 && Price.valueNAOK < 50.00").
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: mark

Re: Comparing answer to a known and flagging if an outlier 2 years 7 months ago #77544

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
mark wrote:
I collect product pricing data.
Out of curiosity, what do you collect this data for? Are there several people scanning online stores or "real" shops to create a large price comparison DB?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Comparing answer to a known and flagging if an outlier 2 years 7 months ago #77561

• mark
  • Expert Lime
I have a client who wants to price his product competitively - he has researchers who poll various shops every week and submit prices for about 50 products - they then price accordingly.
I want to use LS to get this data.

Re: Comparing answer to a known and flagging if an outlier 2 years 7 months ago #77613

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 828
I don't know about EM but you can do it with JavaScript listeners on the inputs - docs.limesurvey.org/Workarounds%3A+Manip...m_response_listeners
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Comparing answer to a known and flagging if an outlier 2 years 7 months ago #77633

• mark
  • Expert Lime
Thanks Tony
Got it working - exactly what I'm after - fantastic.
Regards
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
Donation Image