Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Import results (csv format) from a non-LimeSurvey survey to a LimeSurvey survey

Import results (csv format) from a non-LimeSurvey survey to a LimeSurvey survey 2 years 4 months ago #77360

• hrshdhgd
  • Junior Lime
Hey there,

I have created a new survey using LimeSurvey and this is a new version compared to an older survey (which was not in LimeSurvey). I want to merge the old database of results (which is the same survey but not in LimeSurvey format) to the new one. The old database is in csv format and I can edit it to make it similar to how LimeSurvey saves responses from a survey. I do not see any option wherein I can import the old results and include it in the new database.The only option for import available is from an older deactivated table which is irrelevant in my case. I however figured out to assign tokens to the already registered participants which can be done by simply importing a csv file. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
H
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by hrshdhgd.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Import results (csv format) from a non-LimeSurvey survey to a LimeSurvey survey 2 years 4 months ago #77401

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 793
Hello,

You can export the LS survey answer table in VV format, after edit this file (i's a CSV file) and import the new VV file.

Keep the first line clean of the VV file.

Denis

Re: Import results (csv format) from a non-LimeSurvey survey to a LimeSurvey survey 2 years 4 months ago #77429

• hrshdhgd
  • Junior Lime
Hey Denis,

Thanks for your prompt response. I have created two identical surveys in LS. I exported the VV format of one survey and imported the same to the second survey. The exported file does not contain the email addresses of the participants and after the import, the responses are not imported at all in the new survey's database. The only columns that are imported are - [Completed], [Response ID], [Start Language], [Date last action], [Date Started] and [Referral URL]. Any ideas as to where am I going wrong?

Thanks,
H
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by hrshdhgd. Reason: mentioned what is actually getting imported

Re: Import results (csv format) from a non-LimeSurvey survey to a LimeSurvey survey 2 years 4 months ago #77433

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
Keep the first line clean of the VV file.

The first line contain the "database column name", then you have to copy/paste the first line of the new survey on the first line of the old survey.

Denis

PS: for the mail adress, it's on the token file : export/import token file.
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by DenisChenu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hrshdhgd

Re: Import results (csv format) from a non-LimeSurvey survey to a LimeSurvey survey 2 years 4 months ago #77437

• hrshdhgd
  • Junior Lime
I did not touch the first line at all. All I did was exported the VV file from the first survey and imported it to the second.

Export/Import of the token file did fix the email address issue but I am still left with the answers to the questions in survey 1 not being transferred to survey 2. Survey 2 is the exact same copy of survey 1 and both are in LS ( I am testing 2 LS surveys first and then I am going to work my way to transfer the data from the old non LS survey to the new LS one).

Thanks,
H

Re: Import results (csv format) from a non-LimeSurvey survey to a LimeSurvey survey 2 years 4 months ago #77448

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
But , touch the first line !
- Export from the first survey
- Export from second survey
- Copy the 1st line of the second survey file in the first line of the first survey
- Import the first survey file (with the seond survey first line).

Denis
The following user(s) said Thank You: hrshdhgd

Re: Import results (csv format) from a non-LimeSurvey survey to a LimeSurvey survey 2 years 4 months ago #77451

• hrshdhgd
  • Junior Lime
I apologize for the trouble Denis. I realized there was one column missing in the second survey, hence the responses were not being transferred. I fixed that problem and now everything works smoothly. Thanks a lot for your patience and help.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Donation Image