Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Answer option data used as the Code entry?

Answer option data used as the Code entry? 2 years 6 months ago #77108

• sequoia
  • Junior Lime
I've searched around the forum and perhaps I didn't use the right query to find what I'm looking for.

Question: The data I enter for a multiple answer 'Answer option' be used as the Code entry?

Example: Normally you can enter your name into a short free text box. That data is carried over as the 'code' entry just fine to the db.
If the participant can select a name from a drop down list, only the few digit Code entry is submitted, Not the name (string) the code refers to.

I'm not sure if the 'conditions for the question' or EM might be what I need to make use of. Appreciate if I can get pointed into the right direction.

Thanks again for any input on this topic.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: Answer option data used as the Code entry? 2 years 6 months ago #77211

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

the question is what you want to do. I understand that you want to have a text instead of the code but for what purpose? Do you want to do something with the datebase? Do you want to export the responses/results of a survey? Do you want to show something within the survey?
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: Answer option data used as the Code entry? 2 years 6 months ago #77217

• sequoia
  • Junior Lime
I'll see if I can better clarify through a different kind of example (thanks again for reply btw)

You have a drop down list, populated by names. Each name is tied in with a 5 digit (or less) code box (to the left). Could that 5-digit box be expanded to several characters string, say long enough to put in an email address?

Hope that give better clarity. Ideally I'm trying to create a dynamic email distribution destination, dependant on the answer given.

Re: Answer option data used as the Code entry? 2 years 6 months ago #77220

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
sequioa-

I'm afraid your question still isn't clear.

However, it sounds like you want to access question metadata and put it in an email or URL. You have access to many question attributes via EM. Try the demo survey in the docs/demosurveys/ls2_EM_question_attributes.lss, which shows all of the attributes available for each question type.

Re: Answer option data used as the Code entry? 2 years 6 months ago #77223

• sequoia
  • Junior Lime
Thanks TMS for the response. I do have that and post what I find. ;) (maybe I can get input with how better I could of put the question out there)
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
Donation Image