Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Use tokens only as e-mail DB

Use tokens only as e-mail DB 2 years 5 months ago #77038

• birov
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

firsty, I'm very impressed with what I can do with limesurvey, thank you for the work you put into improving it every day.

I have a question about the token functionality. I want my survey to be open to everyone (assuming that not many people will stumble upon the link, it's quite controlled)and to use the tokens to only send invitations but don't distribute token numbers. The reason is that i don't want to use some e-mail client like g-mail to send invites from there but make use of the limesurvey interface. However, once tokens are activated, they always have the token number (code) which the user has to enter.

Why is there no option of using only the e-mail management to send invitations, reminders, etc. without any token ids? That way everything you do (if you don't want to use tokens) still happens in limesurvey.

Thanks in advance for your answers,
S. Birov
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Use tokens only as e-mail DB 2 years 5 months ago #77049

• birov
  • Fresh Lemon
the only way to do this, that i can think of, is to add my tokens with one extra "master token" with 99999 uses left and customize the invitations to always have the link url...=mastertoken.

Any other ideas?

Aw: Use tokens only as e-mail DB 2 years 5 months ago #77199

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

as far as I know it is not possible in LimeSurvey 1.X to use the token table without activating tokens.
One workaround for sending invitations might be to create a dummy survey, create a token table for this survey, add the participants and change the invitation email to use the URL of the survey you want them to participate. This way you can send out invitations without using a token table in the actual survey. But you cannot use reminders or see how many of the invited people take part in your survey, this might also be a problem if you use it in the survey itself. LimeSurvey uses the token to identify the participant so if you don't have a token you don't know if the specific user takes part in the survey and also cannot use this in the survey statistics.

I think it might be to difficult to modify LimeSurvey 1.X to use the token table as e-mail DB. In LimeSurvey 2.0 there is a new feature called Central Participants Database that might be able to handle it. If it is not already planed it might be a good idea to add it to our Feature Requests, ideas.limesurvey.org/ .
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
Donation Image