Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Missing Responses

Missing Responses 2 years 6 months ago #76494

• bmdavis
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello, I've been using LimeSurvey for the past couple years and am thrilled with the overall product. I'm still using a quite old version (Version 1.80, Build 6506). The reason I haven't updated is that I've made several customizations for a customer and didn't want to update all my code to reflect on the database changes.

My problem is that VERY VERY rarely (46 out of 23383 Total Responses, across 400+ surveys), a response is not stored in the database. In other words, the participant's token is marked as completed in the "token" table, but no responses are stored in the "survey" table. Again, it's very infrequent, but once is enough to raise concern for customers.

My question is how to resolve this problem. I'm certainly not a database expert, so I don't know if there is something going on with the mySQL end of things or with the Limesurvey code. Any help is greatly appreciated. I wouldn't mind updated to the last version that does not use the "new" database structure of questions/subquestions. I'm not sure at what version this structural changes was implemented.

Thank you!!!
Brad
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Missing Responses 2 years 6 months ago #76504

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 791
Hi Brad,

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll have much luck getting folks to comment on problems with something as old as 1.80.

Sub-questions were introduced in 1.90 so you should be okay with 1.87.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Missing Responses 2 years 6 months ago #76505

• bmdavis
  • Fresh Lemon
Good point, I will update to version 1.87 and update my customizations as needed. I'm hoping the missing response issue will be corrected with the update to 1.87.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
Donation Image