Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Quota shutting down multiple use token with millions of uses remaining?

Quota shutting down multiple use token with millions of uses remaining? 2 years 4 months ago #76225

• flexic
  • Fresh Lemon
Before LimeSurvey had a 'Uses Left' field for tokens we could end peoples survey by 'quotaing them out', but now when we try to do that it closes down the whole token and nobody else can take the survey, regardless of how many uses are left on the token.

To put it another way, if we send a token to one of our customers, who then sends it on to a few thousand survey takers, as soon as we kick someone out of the survey who gives an answer we aren't interested in, it shuts the survey down for everyone else.

For example the first question may be 'are you employed or unemployed?' and if we only want unemployed people so 'quota out' people who respond 'employed', the whole token is closed.

Apparently the conditions system could be used to get around this, but that adds a ton of extra work and is less than ideal.

Any ideas on what else we could do, or if this is actually a bug of some kind?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Quota shutting down multiple use token with millions of uses remaining? 2 years 4 months ago #76233

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 285
Well, I think for most of us this is the desired behavior.

I would create a bunch of tokens and send it in a table to our customer. They should send each respondent its own token.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Donation Image