Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: resuming an incomplete survey

resuming an incomplete survey 2 years 5 months ago #75679

• jenjunum
  • Fresh Lemon
I use Limesurvey to administer an interview. An interviewer sits with a person, asks them questions, and enters their responses in real time.

We had a technical glitch (not related to limesurvey) and our interviewer got kicked out of the survey without completing the username & password to finish the survey later. The data was saved, but is there any way to finish the rest of the survey without needing edit the original response? The remainder of the survey was completed on a paper copy of the survey.

We are running Version 1.91+ Build 12416 and we do NOT have tokens enabled.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: resuming an incomplete survey 2 years 5 months ago #75688

• bdg
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 2
is there any way to finish the rest of the survey without needing edit the original response?

Why don't you want to edit the original response?

It would be simplest just to open the original response in the data entry screen and enter the remaining responses from paper. There is a little more information about the data entry screen here.

Maybe you could open a terminal to the DBMS and write some SQL to copy the original response record to a new record, and then enter the rest of the data from paper into the copied record in LimeSurveys data entry screen. You will have to give the copied record new IDs. Best to do this when no-one else is using LimeSurvey too so things don't get messed up. Back everything up before you start too, just in case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jenjunum

Re: resuming an incomplete survey 2 years 5 months ago #75691

• jenjunum
  • Fresh Lemon
I would like to give the task of finishing the data entry to the person who completed the interview/survey but I would not like to give them access to logging into Limesurvey, navigating through the data to find the appropriate case, etc.

I am also 3,000 miles from where the data is being collected, but I could get a scan of the paper form to enter the data myself. I just wondered if there was something I was missing.

Re: resuming an incomplete survey 2 years 4 months ago #75701

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
For such cases we have the data entry screen and the ability to edit/complete a response. If you don't use tokens and didn't click the "save and return later" button, there is no other way then creating an admin user for this.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The following user(s) said Thank You: jenjunum

Re: resuming an incomplete survey 2 years 4 months ago #75773

• jenjunum
  • Fresh Lemon
That's what I thought, but I have missed fairly obvious things in the past. Thanks for your help.

Re: resuming an incomplete survey 2 years 4 months ago #75782

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
jenjunum wrote:
That's what I thought, but I have missed fairly obvious things in the past. Thanks for your help.
You're welcome :-)

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to the team .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: resuming an incomplete survey 2 years 4 months ago #76410

• TAdams
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, I just want to make sure I understand this topic correctly. I have a survey and I want to send my own invitations, I want some users to participate more than once and I have my own individual tracking variable embedded in the survey URL to manage my responses.
If a user closes her/his browser without completing the survey and forgets to save the response to resume at a later time, there is no way to give that user access back to the point where he/she dropped out? There is no cookie or anything else that would save the users drop out point?

Thank you for your help.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
Donation Image