Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: E-mail second survey

E-mail second survey 2 years 6 months ago #75678

• aaron13
  • Fresh Lemon
Right now I've got a survey setup with tokens to limit access to only invited people.

Once the invited people finish that survey, I'd ideally like them to be sent a confirmation e-mail that sends the an invitation to a second survey that doesn't have to be token based (but can be if that makes it possible)

Once that one is complete, I'd like a confirmation send that links to a final survey that is confirmation based.

Is there a way to do this? Right now, I can send the confirmation e-mail linking the second survey, and since it is open to all, the respondents can take it. The dilema is that once they complete it, there is no confirmation e-mail linking them to the final survey, which should be locked out with a token.

Any advice would be amazing.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: E-mail second survey 2 years 6 months ago #75690

• bdg
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 2
I think you will have to create a token table for the second survey too. A copy of survey one token table would do so the tokens don't change. If the token is part of the URL in the confirmation email then people won't notice it's restricted. Then do the same for the third survey.

If you really have to leave survey two open then you could run two versions of survey two, one with tokens and one without.

Re: E-mail second survey 2 years 6 months ago #75702

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
At the second survey you can add a short text question and either ask the user for his email address, together with a short note tha this is required to be send an email to the final survey, or you could even try to pass the email address by adding it to the URL for the second survey, using SGQA identifier at the URL: docs.limesurvey.org/SGQA+identifier&stru..._the_SGQA_identifier
This way you can populate a hidden email question at the second survey and then refer to this field for the email notification, which can also be send to an email address, enteed at a survey: docs.limesurvey.org/Creating+a+new+surve..._amp_data_management

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
Donation Image