Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can I sue LS inside my own commercial survey site?

Can I sue LS inside my own commercial survey site? 2 years 8 months ago #75233

Hello,

I'm developing a website, and I want to use lime survey software, however the site is commercial use - as I will be asking businesses to subscribe.

I'm developing the site, to then test it with customers, then if these trials are successful, I hope to get funding to launch the site.

The site I'm developing will will use some of the features of LS, but the survey part is but a small part of the business and not the main business model. So I want to integrate the survey software into the site.

Part of the site will let users design their own surveys, and rather than develop my own survey platform I want to use lime survey inside my own website as I don't have the funds to develop a survey platform as such.

I don't have a big budget and want to use LS, but ideally I want to get the necessary permissions although it's free, I wonder does this apply to a commercial site like I'm planning?

Can anyone Henry me on this?
Kind regards,
Henry (all the way from Ireland)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can I sue LS inside my own commercial survey site? 2 years 8 months ago #75240

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 298
You can use Limesurvey for free but it would be nice if...
a) you supported us by a donation
b) you got in touch with us when developing new features or the like: docs.limesurvey.org/How+to+contribute+new+features

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Do you know of any Commercial survey sites that currently use lime survey? 2 years 8 months ago #75262

Greetings and thank you for your reply, I would be happy to do that as it would be very useful to use lime survey.

A question for you?

Do you know of any commercial survey websites that use lime survey, when I say: 'commercial survey websites' I mean sites of the type of say survey monkey or surveygizmo.

I know survey monkey and survey gizmo don't actually use lime survey software, but I mention those two as an example as they are in the survey business, but they are just two names that come to mind. Do you know of any commercial sites that receive their revenue from a survey subscriptions business model that effectively use the lime survey platform.

I'm looking to use lime survey not for my own organisations use, but for my customers of my own survey website platform, so that they can customise and make their own surveys in the same way customers come to a company such as survey monkey.

I ask this as if there is, then it means lime survey is strong enough to be integrated into a commercial site.

I look forward to your kind reply.

Kind regards

Henry

Re: Do you know of any Commercial survey sites that currently use lime survey? 2 years 8 months ago #75281

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Have a look at www.LimeService.com which is a commercial site using Limesurevy for offering paid hosting.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Do you know of any Commercial survey sites that currently use lime survey? 2 years 8 months ago #75286

Thanks, but is lime service part of your organisation as it has similar logo?

Do you know of any other commercial sites using your software? Or do most of them hide this fact so that people think it's their own software?

Re: Do you know of any Commercial survey sites that currently use lime survey? 2 years 8 months ago #75362

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
LimeService is run by Limesurvey project lead Carsten Schmitz. It is no official Limesurvey business but is run by him.

If you want to be an official Limesurvey partner, have a look at www.limesurvey.com.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Do you know of any Commercial survey sites that currently use lime survey? 2 years 8 months ago #75381

Hi Marcel,
I looked up official partners, but it I didn't understand how it will apply to myself as I will be using Lime Survey software inside my own website platform, then selling commercial membership to customers who want to make their own surveys, and they can make their own surveys using the lime survey software.

I understand you are Head of Support so can you let me know when the upcoming 2.0 version will be available?

KR
Henry

Re: Do you know of any Commercial survey sites that currently use lime survey? 2 years 8 months ago #75446

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
talktohenry wrote:
I understand you are Head of Support so can you let me know when the upcoming 2.0 version will be available?

KR
Henry
See docs.limesurvey.org/LimeSurvey+roadmap&s...development#Timeline

Dr. Marcel Minke
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
Donation Image