Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: integrating my own version of google maps and buttons with feedback

integrating my own version of google maps and buttons with feedback 2 years 8 months ago #75120

• aliz
  • Fresh Lemon
Dear all,

I am new to LimeSurvey and this forum. So for a quick introduction I study at University of Zurich geography and my master thesis is about abstraction and realism in geographic visualizations. For that I need a survey with Google Maps/ Earth plug-in.
You can find the test version here: www.geo.uzh.ch/~aboer/ (copy paste link)

I think LimeSurvey is the best solution for implementing this, but I have just basic programming skills and have already few questions. :ohmy:

How can I integrate the easiest way my own version of google maps (created with map api)? I was thinking integrating it as a page is easier than just edit the GmapsInitialize function in survey_runtime.js

Here is the page I want to integrate as a map: www.geo.uzh.ch/~aboer/ (copy paste link)

You can see I also have the buttons which change the Google Maps views separately and that's my bigger problem. I want to get feedback (how many times they were clicked for how long) from these buttons. Because LimeSurvey does not have any buttons integrated I have to create them and store the information into the database. Seems very hard to do it :S

Thank you for your help and every suggestion is welcome!

Aliz
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by aliz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: integrating my own version of google maps and buttons with feedback 2 years 8 months ago #75152

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 869
Hello,

You can replace some javascript function of survey_runtime.js:
Put this line :
<script type="text/javascript" src="{TEMPLATEURL}mygmap.js"></script>
At the end of yout endpage.pstpl file.

And in mygmap.js you can replace
GMapsInitialize or OSMapInitialize function with your own map initialize function.

I'm not sure if you can have your own map with this, but if i had to do that i start like this.

Denis

Re: integrating my own version of google maps and buttons with feedback 2 years 8 months ago #75214

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
aliz wrote:
You can see I also have the buttons which change the Google Maps views separately and that's my bigger problem. I want to get feedback (how many times they were clicked for how long) from these buttons. Because LimeSurvey does not have any buttons integrated I have to create them and store the information into the database. Seems very hard to do it :S
I think it's easier to create your own survey script if you just want to trigger how often that button was clicked. Maybe you can even trigger this by using Googel Analytics on your current page?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
Donation Image