Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Survey with conditions

Survey with conditions 2 years 8 months ago #74723

• tatle
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi

I have a question about LimeSurvey.
I installed it successfully on my machine and now I'm trying to create a new survey that fits my needs.
My project is the following:

I need to make a survey for a masseuse. She's in our office the whole afternoon. There are five different times for booking a massage.
For example: 2 p.m., 2.30, 3.00 etc.

But the people who fill out the survey should only be able to select the time, which is right after the already selected time.

For example: If there's a client at 2 p.m., the next client should only be able to select the next time. That would be 2.30.
Also the first who fills out the survey should only be able to select the first time available. In this case it would be 2 p.m.

I hope this is understandable.
Is this possible to do with LimeSurvey?

Best regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Survey with conditions 2 years 8 months ago #74793

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 806
To do this you would need to create a remote PHP script that queries the database to find the last booked time and then have the survey automatically select the next available time. There would be a risk (although small in this case) of two respondents accessing the survey at the same time.

All in all, I think it's a little involved for what you need to do.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Survey with conditions 2 years 8 months ago #74873

• tatle
  • Fresh Lemon
ok, thank you.
I thought that would be hard to manage.
But great program anyway :)

Re: Survey with conditions 2 years 8 months ago #74915

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
I once coded a similar workaround for a customer of mine. For a certain question type, the new code checks if an answer option (in your case a certain time range) was already selected. If so, the code disables the according options.
This would also offer more flexibility, because users could also chose a time later, not directly after the last selected time slot.

If you are interested in custom code solutions, you can contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
Donation Image