Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Limesurvey newbie - setting subsurveys

Limesurvey newbie - setting subsurveys 2 years 8 months ago #74652

I volunteered to set up a limesurvey survey for a college friend. The survey is essentially in two parts - one must 'pass' the screening section of the survey in order to proceed with the proper survey (essentially a medical screening form, if they tick YES to certain things, the survey should end as they are not eligible).

I have entered the screening questions, set conditions so that the last question won't show if they ticked yes but have a few quesions:

There are about 30 questions after this point - will I have to set this massive list of conditions for each question (ie, question N+1....to number 27 will have to have two scenarios (each with 13 conditions) in order to show up)
Or is there a better way to do this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Limesurvey newbie - setting subsurveys 2 years 8 months ago #74658

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 805
Have a look at quotas - docs.limesurvey.org/quotas&structure=Eng...tions+for+LimeSurvey.

You can set a quota of 0 on an answer to abort the survey for everyone with that answer.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: agileflower

Re: Limesurvey newbie - setting subsurveys 2 years 8 months ago #74669

Thank you for this - I will have a look! Then I'll need to suss out how to have two different survey cessation pages/messages :-) One for those who hit quota and one for those who finish the whole thing!

Thank you very much!

Re: Limesurvey newbie - setting subsurveys 2 years 8 months ago #74672

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 358
No problem. With the quota you can add a text and you can also redirect them to a specific URL.

Also: You can copy conditions. Makes things easier.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Donation Image