Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is it possible to go back to previous pages in the survey?

Is it possible to go back to previous pages in the survey? 2 years 5 months ago #74490

• ecchild
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I'm using LimeSurvey off-line (not connected to the internet) on my Laptop to interview people for my research. Sometimes after a few pages, people realize they gave a wrong answer to a previous question and there is need to go back and re-choose the answer.

i haven't been able to do it so far - is there a way I'm missing? the back button of the browser (explorer) makes me lose the entire questionnaire.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Is it possible to go back to previous pages in the survey? 2 years 5 months ago #74506

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
At the general survey settings -> presentation there is a setting to enable the back button.
There is also a survey setting to show a question index which should make it easier to jump back because you won't have to click the back button several times. But this feature might only be available if you don't use conditions.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carola

Re: Is it possible to go back to previous pages in the survey? 2 years 5 months ago #74536

• ecchild
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks it works (with the list on the side as well)!

What doesn't work is saving a half filled questionnaire and then going back to it - is it because I'm not working online or with tokens?

Thanks!

Re: Is it possible to go back to previous pages in the survey? 2 years 5 months ago #74542

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Did you enable the "user may save survey" setting? In this case the user can click a "save and return later button" (which has to exist at your template) and can then fill in username/password and email and will receive an email with a link to continue the survey.
You don't necessarily need to use tokens for this.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Is it possible to go back to previous pages in the survey? 2 years 5 months ago #74549

• ecchild
  • Fresh Lemon
When I try saving a partially filled survey, after filling in name, email, etc, I get the following error message:

Error: Email failed, this may indicate a PHP Mail Setup problem on your server. Your survey details have still been saved, however you will not get an email with the details. You should note the "name" and "password" you just used for future reference.

and I don't know how to go back to the survey (not via the "partial (saved) responses" screen as it is really inconvenient to fill a survey this way).

I fill all the surveys by clicking the green tooth-wheel on the right.

Re: Is it possible to go back to previous pages in the survey? 2 years 5 months ago #74566

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 793
If you use your installation not connected, on a labtop, yes there can have problem with mail-sending.

Maybe you can use :
- Enable token-based response persistence?
Option.

Re: Is it possible to go back to previous pages in the survey? 2 years 5 months ago #74573

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
ecchild wrote:
and I don't know how to go back to the survey (not via the "partial (saved) responses" screen as it is really inconvenient to fill a survey this way).

I fill all the surveys by clicking the green tooth-wheel on the right.
If you remember username/password you should be able to go back to the survey.

1. Does the green tooth wheel exist for the token entry which you just used the save and return later option for? If so, just click it.

2. If you can't call the survey this way, try www.yourwebsite.org/limesurvey/index.php?sid=<SURVEYID>&token=<TOKEN>
-> replace the values in brackets <..>

Dr. Marcel Minke
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
Donation Image